I made shorts!

Although I have made pants before, they never fit right. I tried again with the Colette’s Iris pattern. Here is my practice pair of shorts that I made with some left-over fabric.

I had to adjust the pattern a bit to add more room in the rise. And look what I did: I printed the pattern out and cut it out in my size, instead of tracing over my size! I felt very daring, but then, I printed it on paper that had been printed on the other side, so it didn’t seem like wasting paper. And I kept the parts of the pattern that I cut off.

img_3918.jpg

Then I bought some nice mid-weight rayon blend fabric from Britex Fabrics.

They are very comfortable! It’s hard to see, but they have pockets in the front seams and an invisible zipper on the side. I’m so happy with them that I bought a pants pattern!

IMG_3908

My photographer is very funny!

Advertisements

About Inge

I'm a technical writer who loves to sew, make jewelry, and do other types of crafts.
This entry was posted in sewing, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s